Edicts of Nancy

The blogosphere's most persecuted Christian!

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Birthday, America

Our Nation turns 231 years old today, and boy, does she look great for her age! Lady Liberty, what's your secret? Have you been losing weight?

"I've finally managed to shed a few of those pesky civil rights I've been trying to lose for the past 200 years."

Well, you've never looked better. From every mountain top, let Freedom ring!
****
I've got my presidential pardon all lined up, so I'm going to share with you my top secret recipe. This one has made me the toast of all the potlucks, barbecues, picnics, and family gatherings I protest, and I'm confident it will do the same for you. It's so good you'll forget to say "Grace" before you dig in, so get ready to have your taste buds tantalized with Sister Nancy Beth's Freedom Salad:
one 12 oz. can of Three Bean Salad
salt & pepper, to taste
American Flag toothpicks

Open can and empty contents into serving bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, as desired. Garnish liberally (this is the only time I like that word!) with flag toothpicks. Serve and enjoy.
Have a happy Fourth, everybody, and since The Left has banned firecrackers here in California, be sure to blow something up for me. Praise Him!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At July 09, 2007 1:26 PM, Blogger proudprogressive said…

    My what a delightful recipe,yes i tried it at home. Thankfully the Patriots in this crispy high desert land, had enough American Spirit to put on a fireworks display that could made my heart stir with Patriotic Pride. Virtually in my backyard !! The "bombs" were bursting in air.


    Though after consuming at least three bowls of 3 bean Sister Nancy Beth Freedom , with American Flag toothpicks,(such a festive touch) long after the show ended , my cats were still being startled by some very loud bangs !!!

     
  • At July 10, 2007 8:13 AM, Blogger Lulu Maude said…

    How generous of you to link us to a source for the toothpicks! You never let an opportunity to Do Good go by.

    Praise Him!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home