Edicts of Nancy

The blogosphere's most persecuted Christian!

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sister Nancy Beth bares all

Rather than going through the usual junior high posturing about how "uncool" these blog meme thingies are, and fretting that I'll forever blow my chances of being asked to join The Corner if I respond to one, I'll just thank loyal Nancy-Con Rain Storm for the opportunity to blog about myself. After all, I find myself endlessly fascinating, and I'm sure most of you do as well. The real reason memes have developed a bad reputation isn't that they commandeer your limited writing time while interrupting the flow of your blog, but that they rarely invite the tagged party to write about me, Sister Nancy Beth. After all, who wants to read about some puny blogger's gray little life when you could be reading about how often I trim my toenails? So until Blog About Sister Nancy Beth Day comes (oh yes, you know it's coming), sit back and bask in the warm glow of me, me, me.
1. All right, here are the rules. 2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts. 3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves. 4. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. 5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I have amassed a modest collection of musical instruments since my teen years (mandolin, Appalachian dulcimer, dvoyanka, harmonium, tamboura -- which I spell with a b because when I say tampura people think I'm talking about batter-fried Japanese food), but I have only recently made a concerted effort to learn to play one of them, the guitar.

2. The first record I ever owned was Heart's Little Queen, a Christmas gift from one of my older brothers.

3. The first record I ever bought was Double Platinum by Kiss.

4. In my previous life as a selfish hedonist (prior to my finding God, taking Jesus into my heart, and getting kicked out of beauty school), I was an uncivil liberal blogger. The remnants of my shameful past are here.

5. I have a nervous habit of biting the skin off my bottom lip. Gross, huh?

6. I studied Russian for three years and Czech for two, but barely remember a word of either.

7. I love cats, but find moderate to large sized dogs intimidating (something to do with bad formative experiences with our neighbor's pit bull).

8. I also love squirrels, and would devote an entire blog to random squirrel attacks if I hadn't already killed one blog with neglect and treated this one here with stretches of appalling indifference.

And now the fun part. The following loyal Nancy-Cons are hereby summoned to appear at the blogging equivalent of jury duty: responding to this meme.

1. Space Cadet
2. Why Oh Why
3. Proud Progressive at Some Notes on Living
4. Take Your Medicine
5. LiquidDaddy at Zippidy Do Da
6. Reality Cubed
7. I Make No Promises
8. Occasional commenter ExMoWeHomo (Busted! Just because you don't have a blog doesn't mean you can't share in the suffering. Feel free to answer in comments section)

Have fun. And remember, blame this guy. Praise Him!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home