Edicts of Nancy

The blogosphere's most persecuted Christian!

Friday, December 23, 2005

Friday Random Ten - Special Nancy Beth Holiday Bitch-Fit Edition

Voices On My Skin - Maeror Tri
Leaving Las Vegas - Sheryl Crow
Carnival of the Animals, VIII- Personages with Long Ears 1:17 Leonard Bernstein; New York Philharmonic
Space (1999) - Flying Saucer Attack
Coalminers Song - Gordons
Get The Liquid - The Clean
Fairweather Friend - John Cale
La Belle Dame Sans Regrets - Sting
15 Minute Double Drumming W/ Callback - Michael Harner
The Blown Door - Charalambides

Yes, "Holiday" bitch-fit -- what else other than the pernicious influence of secularism would make me behave like such a spoiled child? iPod drama began Monday night when Jesus told me that He received a message notifying Him that the c drive on my computer was nearly full, after He spent much of the day importing His cds into iTunes. What would seem to be such an innocuous statement at its face incited the quiet wrath of Nancy Beth (and for the record, the wrath is almost always quiet). The case I was building against Him in my head went something like this: I bought the friggin thing and now I can't load any of my music onto it because He's filled up my hard drive with His gawdam cds and now I have to figure out how to move the iTunes library to the d drive so I can get some enjoyment out of the piece of shit. As ashamed as I am to admit this, my little snit reached its crescendo on Tuesday morning, with me sighing plentifully as I tried to figure out Apple's instructions for moving the library to another drive -- All the Martyrs of Christendom should know such agony! Fortunately for both of us, Jesus once again showed that He is the iPod ninja, and I learned that I can rely on Him to figure out the things I can't. In hindsight, I'm ashamed to see that the gift I thought I had given us freely had so many strings attached to it, and I'm a little worried about what other widgets lying about our place will serve as flashpoints for other tantrums. Yikes.

1 Comments:

  • At December 27, 2005 2:47 AM, Blogger Peteykins said…

    Oh, Nancy... head on over to the Pink Pony, because I just posted some MP3s which will make both you and the annointed one really happy.

    Is it against God to say Happy New Year?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home